Thursday, September 10, 2009

YUMMY Chicken



Earlier this week, I made the following recipe that I'm calling YUMMY Chicken. My husband actually loved it! And, the kids liked it, too. I got the idea from my new favorite chef on the Food Network, Melissa d'Arabian. She was the winner of the Next Food Network Star, and her new show, Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d'Arabian is a new favorite of mine. I had kind of quit watching Food Network, but now I DVR her show every week. She cooks things that my family will actually eat and has lots of great tips and ideas.

INGREDIENTS -

10 boneless skinless chicken tenders defrosted (or you could use chicken breasts)
Salt and black pepper
Onion Powder
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 cup chicken broth
1 to 2 tablespoons butter

DIRECTIONS -
Season chicken with salt , onion powder and pepper. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add the oil. Dredge the chicken in flour (A gallon size Ziploc bag works great for this. You can just toss the chicken around.), add to the hot oil and saute until cooked through. (I let mine get nice and brown on both sides.) Set chicken aside to rest on plate tented with foil.
In same saute pan, over low heat, add onions and saute. When onions are nice and sauteed, add the chicken broth. Turn the heat up to high, and deglaze the pan with the broth mixture until starting to reduce.
Remove the pan from the heat and finish the sauce by whisking in butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.

Melissa d'Arabian's recipe can be found here. You can use this recipe for several kinds of meats, etc. or add lemon and wine to the sauce.
The picture shown is the "other" Melissa's version. My camera battery was dead, but I'm sure I will be making this again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. I will have to check out her show. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Other Yummy Recipes You Might Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...