Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Yummy Bean Salad


I found a similar recipe at MckMamma's blog. I changed a few things to suit my taste and for things I had on hand.


1 can of garbanzo beans, drained
1 can of pinto beans, drained
1 can of black beans, drained
1 can of yellow corn, drained
1 can of shoepeg white corn, drained
2 cans Rotel Mexican flavored with cilantro and lime
6 green onions, chopped finely
2 Tablespoons Zesty Italian Dressing
dashes of chili powder, cumin and garlic powder
Juice from 1 fresh lime
fresh cilantro* (optional)
salt to taste


Drain all the cans of beans and corn and dump into a LARGE bowl. Add the 2 cans of Rotel (juice and all). Add the green onions, dressing, seasonings, lime juice, and cilantro*. Blend together and refrigerate. The recipe said to refrigerate overnight and then serve. I ate mine right after I made it, and it was delicious. It is very yummy with Multigrain tortilla chips or Fritos. It does make a LOT. This would be great for a picnic or potluck.

*I read or heard somewhere that only 1/3 of the population likes the flavor of cilantro. It is not my favorite thing, although the last couple of years, I started using a small amount in cooking. A little goes a LONG way. I don't seem to mind a little bit, but I can't stand it when it overtakes the entire dish. I put a very tiny amount in this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Yummy Recipes You Might Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...