Monday, October 10, 2011

Donuts


Who doesn't love donuts?  I do, but I'm not so wild about all the fat, sugar, and frying.

Avery and I found this cute little donut maker made by Babycakes.  It's almost like a mom's "Easy Bake Oven." 


The instruction manual contained several recipes for donuts.  We decided to try to the "Chocolate Donuts."  You then pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into each little donut well.  I put my batter into a plastic bag and cut off  a tip to help pour them in--it was less messy this way.  Then, close the lid and wait about 3-4 minutes.  Presto!  You have cute little mini donuts!  We then sprinkled powdered sugar on top, but you could add icing, sprinkles, etc.



It comes with a cooling rack, fork to help remove the hot donuts from the "oven", and a shaker jar. 


Babycakes also makes a Cake Pop maker.  I am thinking of buying it.  The cake pops turn out perfectly.  I have made Bakerella's version of cake pops before, but they just didn't turn out quite right, and with the cake pop maker, you could use any cake mix or recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Yummy Recipes You Might Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...